Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Door Bell

Getting our house painted has taken a bit longer than expected, so bear with me as I update you on the little going on's around here.  I decided that the hardware on the front door (more on that later) and the door bell needed some sprucing up. As you can see in the pic below the door bell was a rusted gold bronze color.  So I decided to unscrew it from the wall and slip a piece of paper behind it for painting. I didn't realize that it was attached by wires, so I cheated.  I left it hanging from the wires and tried my best to cover up the button with cheetah print duct tape. 


I applied my usual, one coat of Valspar's primer in gray and 2 coats of Rust-Oleum spray paint in Metallic Oil-Rubbed bronze.


My little piece of paper behind the door bell cover didn't quite do the trick for keeping the spray paint off the house, but I was able to touch it up with more gray paint.  Thank goodness.


Got a little paint on the ringer button too. Whoops.  Luckily I used a little nail polish remover with a Q-tip and it came right off.


I'll have more little updates like this soon. Stay tuned!

xo
Cathleen

1 comment:

patiodoorlockshandles said...

This looks nice! Great blog; happy I found you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

PeaHen Pad is the property of Cathleen Pearson. ©Copyright PeaHen Pad 2010-2017. All Rights Reserved.